107 Waukee Family YMCA Swim Team attended the 2011 Iowa Y State Meet on March 5 & 6 at the Marshalltown Community YMCA!
Team spirit was alive amongst all the swimmers and parents as they swam in their last YMCA Meet this season! The Waukee Family YMCA Rays came home 2011 Y State Champions! We were champions this weekend in so many ways! The parents were all dressed in GOLD cheering loudly and enthusiastically for all the Rays swimmers. The swimmers cheered each other on, went out and swam the best they could and achieved many personal best times!
Jordan Reinard and Kaytlin Tippin were recognized as part of the 2011 Iowa YMCA All-Star Team for exemplifying character. Jordan and Kaytlin were nominated by their coaches because of their passion in and out of the pool. There leadership is outstanding, taking an active role in a lifelong sport and modeling service to community.
9 State Records were broken this weekend by Waukee YMCA Rays Swimmers:
- 9-10 Medley Relay – Madeline Huntley, Abigail Heimlicher, Kayla Rinderknecht, Emily Baeth – 2:11.61 (broke a 2005 State Record)
- 9-10 Free Relay – Emily Baeth, Kayla Rinderknecht, Alex Thorson, Madeline Huntley – 1:55.76 (broke a 1977 State Record)
- 12 - Over 50 Fly – Maddie Gehrke – 26.55 (broke a 2010 State Record)
- 13-14 100 Backstroke – Jenny Brown – 59.59 (broke a 2009 State Record)
- 12 and Over 200 Freestyle – Jenny Brown – 1:58.19 (broke a 1980 State Record)
- 12 and Over 500 Freestyle – Jenny Brown – 5:12.12 (broke a 1975 State Record)
- 13-14 Medley Relay – Jenny Brown, Tori Bussanmas, Maddie Gehrke, Maddison McCormick – 1:56.71 (broke a 2005 State Record)
- 11-12 Medley Relay – Cameron Briggs, Josh Rinderknecht, Jacob Heimlicher, Jackson Kuhlers – 1:59.65 (broke a 2008 State Record)
- 12 – Over 100 Breast – Jordan Reinard – 1:03.58 (broke a 2004 State Record)
85 swimmers are now training for the 2011 MYAS Midwest Regional Championship at the University of Minnesota in April.